January 17, 2008
Click below to download: File:Sim 2007 Oct 1.zip
To run a simulation:
- Check out motors.m, if the motor you want isn't there, add it.
- Edit vehiclesetup.m to reflect the vehicle parameters - the file in the zip is set up for something approximately like our guess at a competition rocket.
- Edit drag.m if you want to change the Cd or perhaps vary it with airflow characteristics
GRAPH_SUPPRESS=0(or 1 if you don't want a whole pile o' graphs)
Other useful files in this zip:
- Atmosphere.m - a recent, accurate model of the atmosphere (pressure, density, temperature, speed of sound) at high altitudes
- balloonlift.m - a very rough and untested model of how much a balloon can lift, but maybe a useful starting point for something better
Henry (hallam at mit dot edu) wrote all of this apart from the Atmosphere code, so ask him if it's confusing.
Simulation State Variables:
- engine size/hybrid?
- nose cone design
- fins, deployable?
- nozzle modification
- geometry (tube dia, length)
- structural mass, material
- payload mass
- sensor system: airdata, LINS (inertial nav system)
- data rate (balloon relay?)
- recovery mass
- launch system: first stage/piston system
- launch angle
- descent rate
- ballistic coeff: 12 lb/in^2
- I_max = 200,000s
- comm system
- CU Spaceflight: max mass
- Ignition Delay
<math>Insert formula here</math>