- Media:turbomachinery.m: An attempt to implement Prof. Spakovszky's notes
- Media:TurbineModel.nb: Blaise's initial turbine model
- Assume we have high enough incoming O2 temperature that we can extract sufficient power from the flow without condensing.
- A single statge can't extract enough power from the flow. We need reaction or multiple stages.
- Carl suggests avoiding rotating seals as much as possible; prefers leakage over top of blades.
- Two proposals
- Axial: should be able to get a small leak path, but assembly is challenging.
- Radial: two stages machined onto two disks that fit together. Easy to machine and assemble, but worried about axial slop in shaft positioning.